none
Internet Explorer 11 "Downgrades" to Internet Explorer 7 when connecting to my enterprises network RRS feed

• Question

• When I connect to my enterprises network, for some reason it downgraded my version of Internet Explorer 11 to Internet Explorer 7. It doesn't do this on my home network or on any other network I have connected to, only my enterprises network. I have contacted my ICT department to see if they can solve this issue, and they don't know how to fix this issue.

I used the website https://supportdetails.com to check the details of my browser and what other websites detect it as, and it detects it as Internet Explorer 7 for some strange reason. When I check the actual version of Internet Explorer by going to the Tools button and then About Internet Explorer, it says I am using Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.18763.

I am running Windows RT 8.1 which might be the reason as to why other websites/services detect my browser as IE 7, as other devices such as the Surface Pro 3, iPad and other laptops all work fine.

If there is a way to make my device be detected as Internet Explorer 11 and not 7, that would be great.

Regards, Mr Kaos

Saturday, September 2, 2017 5:41 AM