How to add Y axis in a report using Dashboard Designer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I'm trying to add a secondary axis in a chart I'm building with dashboard designer. Can someone please tell me how can I add an Y axis on the chart?

Thanks a lot.

Gabriel

Thursday, February 17, 2011 5:30 PM

Answers

• Hello Gabriel,

I wanted to give you this also.  If you have two different metric types and one is a percentage it will automatically place this one on the second axis and plot it as a line.  If you make it the first metric then the line will be in front of the bars.

http://blogs.msdn.com/performancepoint/archive/2008/02/12/creating-a-second-y-axis-on-an-analytic-chart.aspx

Thanks
    Heidi Tr - MSFT

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Dan English Sunday, March 13, 2011 2:10 PM
    • Marked as answer by Heidi Tr - MSFT Tuesday, March 15, 2011 8:22 PM
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 4:54 PM

All replies

• Hello Gabriel,

Thanks for your inquiry.  I have a few questions for you to get a better idea on what you are trying to accomplish:

• How many dimensions or measures are you setting up in your chart? 
    • What are you trying to accomplish with the 2nd Y axis?

To let you know, you cannot add a 2nd Y axis if you are working with only 2 dimensions or measures.  You will need to have more than 2 and you can change the formatting if needed on your Edit tab on your Ribbon under Number section clicking on the button with paint brush 1,2,3.

Thanks

Heidi Tr - MSFT

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 3:23 PM
  • Hello Gabriel,

I wanted to give you this also.  If you have two different metric types and one is a percentage it will automatically place this one on the second axis and plot it as a line.  If you make it the first metric then the line will be in front of the bars.

http://blogs.msdn.com/performancepoint/archive/2008/02/12/creating-a-second-y-axis-on-an-analytic-chart.aspx

Thanks
    Heidi Tr - MSFT

• Proposed as answer by Dan English Sunday, March 13, 2011 2:10 PM
    • Marked as answer by Heidi Tr - MSFT Tuesday, March 15, 2011 8:22 PM
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 4:54 PM
  • If none of my metrics is of Percentage typem then is it possible to still add a Secondary Axes to the Chart ?

My Requirement is show to Measure Admission Count & Measure Total Fees on the Two axes with Quater (Time Dimension) in the botton axis...

Any idea if its doable?

Friday, April 15, 2011 7:41 PM
  • Hi Heidi,

thanks a lot for your reply, really useful. Sorry for the delay in answer.

Gabriel

Thursday, July 14, 2011 3:41 PM
  • You would need to leverage a different tool besides an Analytical Chart if this is your requirement.  Take a look at Excel, Reporting Services, or even ProClarity.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 10:43 PM