App-V 5.0 SP2 Standard & Middleware Package Publish by RES Management Software? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi @all,

actually i am sitting by a customer packaging App-V 5.0 SP2 PAckages with Sequencer.

I have made Standard and Middleware-Packages.

Did somebody can say me how to publish App-V Packages (Standard & Middleware) by RES Management Software?

F.e. an App-V Package looks like this

AdobeAcrobatStandard80_DE.appv
    AdobeAcrobatStandard80_DE.msi
    AdobeAcrobatStandard80_DE_DeploymentConfig.xml
    AdobeAcrobatStandard80_DE_UserConfig.xml
    report.xml

How can i define Connection Groups, that i can make connections between Standard and Middleware Applications?

Greetz Berni

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 12:53 PM

Answers

• If you don't use the App-V Management server nor ConfigManager to deploy App-V packages, you have to create a ConnectionGroup definition XML file manually and then add the individual applications as well as the connection group definition to a client machine.

To create the ConenctionGroup XML file, you can use Notepad, Tim Mangan's Appv_DefConnGroups or powershell (for instance as described by Aaron Parker on Stealthpuppy)

adding the App-V packages and the connection group(s) to a client can be done with powershell (but their might be some special features for that in RES already)

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |   Blog kirxblog   |   Web kirx.org   |   Fireside appvbook.com

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 12:39 PM

All replies

• Hello,

This question would be better asked in a RES-dedicated forum. Such as;

http://www.resug.com/forum/

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 2:23 PM
  • If you don't use the App-V Management server nor ConfigManager to deploy App-V packages, you have to create a ConnectionGroup definition XML file manually and then add the individual applications as well as the connection group definition to a client machine.

To create the ConenctionGroup XML file, you can use Notepad, Tim Mangan's Appv_DefConnGroups or powershell (for instance as described by Aaron Parker on Stealthpuppy)

adding the App-V packages and the connection group(s) to a client can be done with powershell (but their might be some special features for that in RES already)

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |   Blog kirxblog   |   Web kirx.org   |   Fireside appvbook.com

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 12:39 PM