Outlook 2010 - Shared Calendar sets all items as private. RRS feed

• Question

• When i'm attempting to create a appointment for a Shared calender in Outlook 2010 the new appointment's "Private" lock button is grayed out and when I save the appointment it is automatically making that appointment I just made a private appointment and i can not view it from then on. Is this a normal function on Outlook 2010 and is there a way to stop this from occuring?

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 6:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

It is properly that all the appointments are set as private. I worked on one thread and made that:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/thread/75e7f05b-0c78-4e1a-ba92-2b8167d87ef1

So, please check if you have created any custom forms to set all the appointments as private.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com   

• Edited by Sally Tang Tuesday, September 28, 2010 2:01 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sally Tang Thursday, September 30, 2010 5:46 AM
    Friday, September 24, 2010 4:05 AM
  •  

Hi,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. Is the problem resolved? If there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 2:00 AM
  •  

Hi,

As I have not heard from you for several days. I will go ahead and close this thread. If this issue is not resolved or you have any questions, please feel free to reply to us and this thread will be re-opened.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

Thursday, September 30, 2010 5:44 AM
  • Hi,

I am having exactly the some issue with Outlook 2010.

This is related to custom forms, which could be modified. But thats not a solution, as these custom forms are there for reason.

The real issue is, that with Outlook 2010 you can not set the private function within other calenders! As this worked with all other Outlook Editions before, I'd consider this as a bug.

Is there any solution, service pack, reg hack or something to reenable the "private" button within foreign calendars?

Some more info:

1. User1 shares his calendar, but has also a modified appointment form which presets the private option
    2. User2 opens the calendar of User1, makes new appointments, but all of them are private and the private option is greyed out, so the user can not deselect it.
    3. Even with no custom form the private button is greyed out, so user2 can not set private Items

As temporary fix I had to modify the calendar form.

Please help us out!

Monday, October 18, 2010 5:24 AM
  • Hi,

I have a user that is experiencing the same issue in 2010. She is able to go into her bosses calender and make new appointments, but they are all private. Any idea how to fix this issue?

She is running 2010, but her bosses is still on 2007. I do not think that this is the issue though. Everything was working fine up until this beginning of the month.

Monday, November 15, 2010 5:26 PM
  • I figured out a work around. When you open a New Appointment, click on File and then click Properties. You can then change the sensitivity from private to normal. This does only change it for the Appointment that you are trying to make at the time. I still need to figure out how to get the sensitivity to default to normal or way it is now defaulting to private. Does anyone have any ideas?
    • Proposed as answer by Jude Morin Wednesday, March 16, 2011 7:25 PM
    Monday, November 15, 2010 6:52 PM
  • I have a client experiencing the same problem on all Outlook 2010 clients. Has anyone been able to find a solution?

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 11:25 PM
  • Has anyone found a fix for this? I have the same exact problem, and it's very annoying.
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 7:23 PM