Importing drivers to MDT RRS feed

• Question

• I have a driver structure in MDT that is based on OS\vendor\model style and I'm using drivergroups to apply drivers. When Importing drivers to MDT should I select the import duplicate driver or not? Many models share same drivers so if I dont choose the duplicate option some models might miss some drivers if I'm understanding correctly.
    Sunday, April 13, 2014 10:48 AM

Answers

• Assuming you have your OOB driver folder set up correctly, you don't need to re-import the driver.  Just have it "copy" the driver and it will work.

Also, once I find a working driver to get the system to PXE, I *never* update it again.  I perform all driver updates (NIC, Storage, Chipset, etc) afterwards via the TS.  I only put my Storage and NIC drivers into the boot image and OOB folder.

• Proposed as answer by Keith GarnerMVP Tuesday, April 15, 2014 6:51 AM
    • Marked as answer by DamonWH Tuesday, April 15, 2014 11:06 AM
    Monday, April 14, 2014 4:04 AM

All replies

• Assuming you have your OOB driver folder set up correctly, you don't need to re-import the driver.  Just have it "copy" the driver and it will work.

Also, once I find a working driver to get the system to PXE, I *never* update it again.  I perform all driver updates (NIC, Storage, Chipset, etc) afterwards via the TS.  I only put my Storage and NIC drivers into the boot image and OOB folder.

• Proposed as answer by Keith GarnerMVP Tuesday, April 15, 2014 6:51 AM
    • Marked as answer by DamonWH Tuesday, April 15, 2014 11:06 AM
    Monday, April 14, 2014 4:04 AM
  • Thanks! 
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 11:06 AM