none
how to view and give access to Project reports RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

PM's publish project online and team members are submitting task updates. Now management want to see Project status reports.

when i look at "Reports" link on Project Online its give only three report and only show project which i as PM publish project.

Now i want to see all publish Project Reports and also want to share it with higher management.

Secondly how is possible to view reports with are available in Project Professional 2016 client like burn chart, resource Utilization etc report.

pls guide me thanks.

iffi

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 6:08 AM

All replies

• 1) Reports that are available in Project Professional 2016 client are limited to the client only. If you need to make them available online, you will need either save the static version of that report in a shared location or rebuild similar reports using the Data connections available in Project Online.

2) The default project status report could be filtering for the project owner, try removing the filter.

It is important to first decide what you want in a project status report. If all you want is % complete and few health indicators, that can easily be built directly into Project Online. If you need a little more elaborate reporting, you will need to build them. Here are some sample reports that Paul Mather has allowed for download.  may be a good starting point. 

https://pwmather.wordpress.com/2014/10/19/microsoft-projectonline-reporting-pack-v2-msproject-sharepointonline-office365-ppm-excel-bi-data/

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 9:19 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for link. i m getting two issues.

In ProjectDashboard file when i try to update data connection getting following error:

i have upload portfoliodashboard report when open report its prompt and than show data, pls how can i stop prompt.

thx

iffi

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 6:37 AM