Taskbar and Startmenu expandable buttons RRS feed

• Question

• This has been happening more and more often.

A while after my computer has been on, suddenly, the Menus on the right side of the start menu (ie, control panel, games, favorites, documents, recent items) stop working. I can scroll over them, and they will expand, but when i try clicking on them, the startmenu disappears and nothing happens (they don't even highlight when i scroll over the expanded items). I am having a similar problem with the taskbar desktop toolbar. Everything looks fine, it expands when i roll over it, everything even highlights, but once again, i click and the menu dissapears and nothing happens.

Any clue what is going on with this? And why it is fine when my computer comes on but after a while stops working?

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 6:30 PM

All replies

• This is ackward that it just suddenly happens. Try this, right click on the Windows Logo (Start Button) and select properties. From their make sure that Start Menu radio button is selected and click on Customize. From their you can select whether you want your control panel, etc. to display a link, or expand. In your case you want them to display a link. After you have finished changing your settings, select Apply and select Okay.

Thursday, June 28, 2007 5:33 AM