none
Changing order of backups in a protection group RRS feed

• Question

• I have a DPM 2010 Protection group that backs up five servers.

The group is scheduled to start a 23:00 every day.

Can I change the order in which the servers are backed up in?
    Eg at the moment it does Server1, Server2, Server3, Server4, Server5 but I could do with it starting with Server3, Server4, Server5, Server1, Server2

Thanks

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 1:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

DPM has no provision for configuring the backup order of datasources in a protection group other than to place the servers in seperate PG's.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, April 27, 2012 3:43 PM

All replies

• hi marky,

in my opinion there isn't a way to change the backup order.

I know DPM 2010 backups the members of the protection group in an alphabetical order.

If there is any way to change this alphabetical order, i will tell you about that.

regards,

Phil

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 7:33 PM
  • Hi,

DPM has no provision for configuring the backup order of datasources in a protection group other than to place the servers in seperate PG's.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, April 27, 2012 3:43 PM
  • Thanks, thats what I thought. Maybe an idea for the next version :-)

BTW How does it decide which order to do them in? In my PG they are not alphabetical or the order in which I added them!

Friday, April 27, 2012 3:46 PM