Update Compatibility Evaluator (UCE) - ACT 5.6 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am setting up ACT infra for patch testing for windows 7.

Please help me about How to use Update Compatibility Evaluator (UCE) for patch testing in ACT 5.6. If possible please share step by step guide or video.

I am confused with the statement made on http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766018(v=ws.10).aspx as below

UCE High-Level Process

The UCE high-level process is as follows:

1. You identify a subset of computers that represent your overall environment, and then configure and deploy UCE to those computers.
    2. UCE builds application profiles over time, sending the information to your ACT database.
    3. After Microsoft Corporation publishes a Windows update, it publishes a corresponding update profile, which you download into your ACT database.
    4. UCE generates a report that compares the published update profile with your current application profile.
    5. You use the UCE report to develop and to prioritize a test plan.

3rd point "After Microsoft Corporation publishes a Windows update, it publishes a corresponding update profile, which you download into your ACT database", from where I can foind the update profile and how to download it in ACT database?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Santosh Dhadave.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 4:30 PM

Answers

All replies