none
Project Server 2010: DB reporting has no info prior a fixed date RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all.

I've a web application that fetch information (via a sql select command) from the MSP_EpmResourceByDay table in reporting db.

I noticed that, in this table, there no information prior the 1st november (the project server is up and running since august).

In the same db, the assignment table contains data since august...

Why?

I try reporting rebuild, but no effect. How can I update the table with missing information?

thank you!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 10:12 AM

Answers

• Hi,

sorry, I have currently no access to a PS2010, so I can't tell you the exact menu. In Server Settings have a look at Additional Server Settings. Somewhere there you should find a setting how to calculate Resource Capacity Settings for Reporting DB. Without changing, it is set to "1 month back". You can change this value to required period.

Hope that helps?
    Barbara

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 11:15 AM
  • Here is what Barbar is specifying. 

Resource Capacity Setting:

Set the number of months behind and ahead of capacity data that the report database maintains for Resources. Set the schedule for maintaining forward-looking capacity data(data in the active view is refreshed automatically when it is changed). Warning: Increasing this setting will increase the amount of data stored per resource in the reporting database. 

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Tuesday, December 14, 2010 2:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

sorry, I have currently no access to a PS2010, so I can't tell you the exact menu. In Server Settings have a look at Additional Server Settings. Somewhere there you should find a setting how to calculate Resource Capacity Settings for Reporting DB. Without changing, it is set to "1 month back". You can change this value to required period.

Hope that helps?
    Barbara

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 11:15 AM
  • Here is what Barbar is specifying. 

Resource Capacity Setting:

Set the number of months behind and ahead of capacity data that the report database maintains for Resources. Set the schedule for maintaining forward-looking capacity data(data in the active view is refreshed automatically when it is changed). Warning: Increasing this setting will increase the amount of data stored per resource in the reporting database. 

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Tuesday, December 14, 2010 2:12 PM