locked
WSS User profile RRS feed

  • Question

  • We have a WSS Intranet site hosted on a Win 2008 server (not a domain controller). Previously, when new users were created in AD, the users were able to automatically access the Intranet site with proper permissions. Recently that has changed. When a new AD users accesses the site, the permissions are not correct, so the user is not able to access all authorized information. I checked the userinfo table and no record was created for the new user. We have to manually add the user in WSS to give proper access.

    Any idea on how to troubleshoot/fix this?

     

    Thanks

    sbsmsc

    • Moved by Sean Jenkin Wednesday, August 10, 2011 8:13 PM (From:MSDN, TechNet, and Expression Profile and Recognition System Discussions)
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 3:23 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

     

    How did you gave user permissions before? When a new user was created in AD, the user should not has the permission to access sharepoint site. After the first access to site, a record would be created in that table.

     

    SharePoint can give permissions to a group, so you can put the user into a group which have proper permissions to fix this.

     

    Hope this helps.

     

    Thanks,

    Pengyu Zhao

    Friday, August 12, 2011 7:31 AM
  • Thanks Pengyu.

    You are right. New users did not have permission to access the site. New users in AD were made member of a AD group. That AD group was made a member of a Sharepoint group and that is how I controlled permissions. Previously, after the first access to site, a record was created in the userinfo table. Now it doesn't. Nothing has changed on the Sharepoint, server or SQL side. Could it be a AD/Domain Controller issue?

    Friday, August 12, 2011 1:48 PM
  • HI,

    This seems to be AD issue. If user is added to a sharepoint group by any means he should be able to access it with the permissions assigned.

    Try this out:

    1. Add a user manually to a user group.

    2. Check if he has got the proper permissions to access(From your post this appears to be true). THen check the user info table he should have been added over there.

    3. Now remove the user from the sharepoint group. After this ask him to access.

    Try these steps and provide the results.

    I hope this will help you out.


    Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Saturday, August 13, 2011 2:17 PM
  • Thanks Rahul.

    1. I added a AD user manually to the SP group.

    2. The user was added to the userinfo table.

    3. I removed the user from the SP group. The user is able to access the site without any problems...with correct permissions.

     

    This is what we have been doing since we started experiencing the problem.

    What on the AD side should I be looking/checking into?

     

    Suresh

    Saturday, August 13, 2011 4:51 PM
  • Hi,

    Follow this:

     1. Create an account in AD.

     2. Check if it is working or not in site and then check in userinfo table.

     3. If you do not find it there then remove the entire AD group from sharepoint group.

    4. Add it once again to check if it is working fine with the new account.

    carry out this and do let us know.

     


    Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Saturday, August 13, 2011 5:16 PM
  • Rahul,

     

    I created the AD account. No record was created in the userinfo table. THe site was not working properly for this user. I removed the AD group and added it back...same problem.

    Thanks.

     

    Suresh

    Sunday, August 14, 2011 2:41 PM