none
Error: "Unable to create new WorkflowInstance for WorkflowDefinition" in a Update Resource FIM WAL RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I attached a image with a FIM WAL that is giving me an issue

Where:

• solicitud: Is a custom object
    • SIDSolicitud: Is a reference custom attribute binding with Person.
    • The Target is a Workflow Instance

I got the following error when the workflow was triggered.

Microsoft.ResourceManagement: Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Workflow.Hosting.WorkflowManagerException: Unable to create new WorkflowInstance for WorkflowDefinition '4ade7b4c-0012-48b6-9ea5-a04981e5b0a7'. ---> System.Workflow.ComponentModel.Compiler.WorkflowValidationFailedException: The workflow failed validation.

at System.Workflow.Runtime.Hosting.DefaultWorkflowLoaderService.CreateInstance(XmlReader workflowDefinitionReader, XmlReader rulesReader)

I have almost 20 FIM WALs created and running perfectly in my FIM Service, this WAL is the only with an Issue.

Any Idea?

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 3:28 PM

All replies

• Can you confirm that the XOML xml for the workflow that is working lists the same assembly versions for WAL dll's as the one that is not working? Also if this is a farm, it will be worth trying to repro by stopping FIMService service on all servers except one and they trying to repro both a working workflow and the non-working workflow. 
    Wednesday, September 14, 2016 7:54 PM
    Owner