Duplicates of Some Messages Displaying on Outlook 2013 Shared Mailboxes RRS feed

• Question

• I am having an issue with one of my shared mailboxes where some messages are DISPLAYED twice. This is happening across multiple users for, so far, this one shared mailbox.

Our Environment

• Server: Exchange 2013 CU13 on Server 2012r2
    • Users: Outlook 2013/All Current Office SPs/KBs installed and a mix of Win7 and Win10

Observations/steps taken

• When you view the same folder/message on OWA, it is only there once. This is why I think it is an Outlook and not an Exchange problem
    • I compared the headers of both messages and they are identical, including all timestamps, routing, and MessageID.
    • Confirmed shared folders are not cached
    • Added shared folder to a fresh profile on two different systems and the message still shows duplicated
    • Googled and Googled and Googled
    • Messages are not duplicated when sent/moved/deleted. They arrive like this.

Any ideas community? 

Thank you in advance for any help.

Will Perry

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 10:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Will,

Is there a Sync Issues folder under the shared mailbox? If so, is there any error logged in the folder?

Does this issue happen across all users who have access to this shared mailbox? What if we try giving access of the shared mailbox to another user, will the user see the same behavior?

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, January 11, 2018 9:08 AM
  • Hello,

Any update on this thread?

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, January 15, 2018 9:02 AM