.NET framework 3.5 installation + updates RRS feed

• Question

• My NUC with Win 10 TP is unable to install .Net framework 3.5 - I have ticked the box on Windows Features - but as soon as I leave the  CP - It becomes unticked - I have tried to install .NET from the full package and get an error 0x800F0801F at 8 seconds remaining - it is looking for more files (231Mb file downloaded already) - it is unable to locate the file required on-line or anywhere else ...

Then there's Windows updates - Mine is stuck at 3% complete and I am unable to clear this (even rebooting) !!

Thursday, May 21, 2015 2:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you tried to use the dism command line to install the .Net framework 3.5 offline, you can refer to the detailed guide in the link below:

http://hackinggtutorial.blogspot.in/2015/02/how-to-install-net-framework-35-offline.html

NOTE This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites.

Windows 8: Enable .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) i.e. (NetFx3) feature in Online & Offline mode!(similiar to Windows 10 preview)

http://blogs.technet.com/b/aviraj/archive/2012/08/04/windows-8-enable-net-framework-3-5-includes-net-2-0-and-3-0-i-e-netfx3-feature-in-online-amp-offline-mode.aspx

For the Windows updates issue, I recommend you first clear the softwaredistribution folder, then check for updates again, menawhile, make sure that the network connection is fine.

• Open an administrative Command Prompt window.

• Run the following commands, and press Enter after each command:

Net stop wuauserv

cd %systemroot%

Ren SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

Net start wuauserv

check for updates again

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 22, 2015 2:27 AM

All replies

• This is still a preview and not all functionality is available.

Try the latest build.

HTH

Milos

Thursday, May 21, 2015 2:27 PM
  • This is still a preview and not all functionality is available.

Try the latest build.

HTH

Milos

This IS the latest build (10074) - and I would have expected a more robust build at this late stage in development !!

• Edited by Formula XX Thursday, May 21, 2015 2:40 PM
    Thursday, May 21, 2015 2:36 PM
  • Hi,

Have you tried to use the dism command line to install the .Net framework 3.5 offline, you can refer to the detailed guide in the link below:

http://hackinggtutorial.blogspot.in/2015/02/how-to-install-net-framework-35-offline.html

NOTE This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites.

Windows 8: Enable .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) i.e. (NetFx3) feature in Online & Offline mode!(similiar to Windows 10 preview)

http://blogs.technet.com/b/aviraj/archive/2012/08/04/windows-8-enable-net-framework-3-5-includes-net-2-0-and-3-0-i-e-netfx3-feature-in-online-amp-offline-mode.aspx

For the Windows updates issue, I recommend you first clear the softwaredistribution folder, then check for updates again, menawhile, make sure that the network connection is fine.

• Open an administrative Command Prompt window.

• Run the following commands, and press Enter after each command:

Net stop wuauserv

cd %systemroot%

Ren SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

Net start wuauserv

check for updates again

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 22, 2015 2:27 AM