none
sharepoint online calendar only has read access in outlook 2016

Question

• I have a calendar list where I am the owner on the site. 

From Internet explorer, I open the SharePoint online calendar and l connect it to outlook 2016

However - I only have read permissions on the Advanced window dialog box.

How do I change this? Shouldn't I be able to edit this calendar from outlook?

• Edited by L01sLan3 Tuesday, August 23, 2016 3:27 PM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2016 3:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I tested the same scenario per your post in my environment, however I could edit the calendar list in Outlook.

And the Advanced window dialog box would show Read by default, but after clicking Yes, a popup would occur to ask users to provide the credential to access SharePoint online in Outlook.

If the users have edit permission on the calendar list in SharePoint site, then the users could edit the calendar in Outlook also.

Please make sure that you provide correct credential who can edit the calendar list in SharePoint site, and make sure that the calendar list has been synced successfully in Outlook.

I recommend to remove the calendar from outlook and close outlook, then re-connect the calendar to Outlook to see what happens.

Best Regards,

Victoria 

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 12:46 PM