none
A website is trying to start a remote connection RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed UAG 2010 sp2, configured a https trunk, and published RDS via the trunk.  The portal is available for external users to login using Active Directory.  Once they login, they can see an icon for their published Remote Desktop (predefined).  However, upon clicking the icon, they are presented with a security message:

"a website is trying to start a remote connection.  make sure that you trust the publisher before you connect.  The remote computer could harm your local or remote computer.  Make sure that you trust the publisher before you connect.

I have installed publicly resolvable hostname certificates for the portal name and the RDS connection broker. 

Has anyone been able to successfully remove this message? 

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 2:11 AM

All replies

• I have continued researching this configuration and it seems that we have a mixed environment situation.  Our server cluster including RD Gateway and Connection Broker are Windows Server 2012 R2.  The interval VDI in the cluster are Windows 7 SP1.  The UAG 2010 SP3 Rollup 1 is on Server 2008 R2. 

According to MS article since my clients are not Windows 8 and I am not directly accessing the RDWeb page for login, I will not achieve SSO with the default installation.

The previous article points to another article for configuring SSO in a "mixed" environment.

Between the two articles it appears I'm faced with manually configuring SSO from within UAG rather than using the default SSO settings.  I'm thinking of many different approaches to address what I feel is the underlying issue: external clients do not trust the Connection Broker (launching the RDC after portal login) by default.

The login process is as follows:

1. External user visits server.company.org (externally available)
    2. External user supplies Active Directory username and password.
    3. User is presented with UAG portal that includes Windows 7 Remote Desktop (predefined)
    4. User clicks on Win 7 connection and is presented with a remote connection untrusted window
    5. User clicks connect and is then presented with a domain\username and password window
    6. User completes Domain\Username and Password and then is allowed RDC to the VDI
    Wednesday, December 18, 2013 2:56 AM