none
DPM tape catalog not showing server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm having a similar issue to another poster from about a year ago

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dpmtapebackuprecovery/thread/c7e44640-70d6-4f20-9019-135a7a4da944

We have a backup of 16 servers in a failover cluster and the backup gets written to tape weekly. One of the machines contains about 2.5 TB of information and this gets spread over the 4 tapes of the backup.

I am trying to restore some files from a recent tape set and have followed procedure and recatalogued the tapes. However, all servers except the large one appear in the External DPM tape list. I have followed the procedure outlined above and deleted the tape details from the db and recatalogued individual tapes, but if I do that to the tapes that only contain this server data, nothing appears in the recovery page. When viewing the tapes, the data is listed as being there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Emmett

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 4:45 PM

Answers

• I contacted MS support.

The server that didn't appear under the External DPM tape list had the recovery point on the tape available from the Recoverable data section. For every other server, their tape recovery points appeared in the external tape list and not in the Recoverable data list.

I can't imagine this behaviour is by design. Thanks to AJ in MS support for helping me with this.

Emmett

Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:13 PM