Package updates versions question RRS feed

• Question

• I have no formal training with app-v or have enough time to learn the product, and am tasked to deliver 15 packages in about four weeks, so help me out here. My training is You tube and the forums here which provide great info and thanks to all the contributors here for your time.

With in the app-v management console, for some of the packages where i did several updates, there is versions 2, 3, 4 and a corresponding pkg_2.sft, pkg_3.sft etc . 

I can see in the OSD file, its pointing to the latest sft file, for example if pkg_4.sft is the recent one that's created when i did a update of the application in question, that's the one that's referenced in OSD file.

So My question is can i delete the older sft files(from the content folder) and the version numbering (just keep the latest one) from packages in app-v management console without affecting anything?

Sunday, March 17, 2013 5:09 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Most likely yes.

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

• Marked as answer by jmike_mikej13 Sunday, March 17, 2013 5:27 PM
    Sunday, March 17, 2013 5:10 PM
  • Thank you very much, i will do this with one of the packages and if i don't hear complaints from user, will proceed with others.
    Sunday, March 17, 2013 5:28 PM