none
Project server 2007 - Where can I find custom field values in the Draft database? I see correct values only in Reporting? RRS feed

• Question

• In which database table of the Draft version can I find Custom field values?

I've checked MSP_PROJECT_CUSTOM_FIELDS and MSP_PROJ_CUSTOM_FIELD_VALUES and MSP_CUSTOM_FIELDS but I dont see the correct values there.

I see the right values only in the Reporting version database.

Friday, June 3, 2011 11:31 AM

Answers

All replies

• You can access Reporting database for your reports but direct accessing of draft /published db is not recommended.
    [MSP_PROJ_CUSTOM_FIELD_VALUES] is the table which has proj_UID & CUStom_FIELD_UID, MD_PROP_ID, what are you trying to check (tEXT VALUE. NUM_VALUE ??) 
    Could you provide more details?

Thanks 

Thanks, Amit Khare |EPM Consultant| Blog: http://amitkhare82.blogspot.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/amitkhare82
    Friday, June 3, 2011 11:49 AM
  • Are you looking for the Enterprise Custom Fields?  MSP_CUSTOM_FIELDS is the right table but these are only available in the Published database, not Draft (like Enterprise Resources). 
    Terrie T - MCTS - PMP - MBA****PMO & Project Server Admin
    Friday, June 3, 2011 4:34 PM
  • Again just to reiterate Amit's comments..

Direct lookups against the Published, Draft and Archive databases are not supported and may cause issues with your environment.

Reporting should be performed directly against the ReportingDB. MS provide a handy view called MSP_EPMProject_UserView which includes key project attributes plus all custom fields for reporting. This is updated automatically when a new custom field is added.

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Friday, June 3, 2011 9:51 PM
  • I have a problem related with custom fields. We defined one field named Health in PWA to indicate the task status.

When the members updated the task state including the custom field "Health" in my tasks by PWA, the result can not  update into .MPP file. We can't update the task information of Health field by PWA. it is updated in the .mpp by project manager only.

How to deal with this problem?

Friday, August 12, 2011 3:05 AM