Calendar Overlay Issues RRS feed

• Question

• I am having an issue with the overlay of the calendars. 

When I move from emails to the calendar, it always loads the last person's calendar and I have to switch it back to mine. This is very inconvenient as I have added multiple appointments to other's calendars from this person's. Is there a way to get it to always default to my calendar when loading? 

Also, is there a way to lock them in place? When you switch in and out of search calendar, all of the calendars move out of the overlay position and I have to either re-load it or I have to move into mail in order for it to return to overlay. 

When this occurs, it also changes the assigned calendar colors back to a default color which is extremely annoying.

Advice, or directions, or tips are most welcome. I waste entirely too much time dealing this this. 

Monday, September 18, 2017 1:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>>When I move from emails to the calendar, it always loads the last person's calendar and I have to switch it back to mine. This is very inconvenient as I have added multiple appointments to other's calendars from this person's. Is there a way to get it to always default to my calendar when loading? 

Which version of Microsoft Outlook are you using? Based on my testing in outlook 2016, Outlook is always focus in the default calendar when switching to another module (Mail, People, Task...) and then switching back. You may try staring Outlook with /resetnavpane switch and then see whether this issue continuous. To do this, close Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook /resetnavpane and press Enter. You may have to reopen your shared calendars after running this command.

>>Also, is there a way to lock them in place? When you switch in and out of search calendar, all of the calendars move out of the overlay position and I have to either re-load it or I have to move into mail in order for it to return to overlay. 

I'm afraid there is no way to lock the overlay calendar view after a calendar searching action.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, September 22, 2017 9:46 AM
    Tuesday, September 19, 2017 8:17 AM