vista Premuim with 4gb ram RRS feed

• Question

•  

got a new pc with quad core cpu, 4gb ram, 8500gt, asus P5N-E sli board 465bg hdd and when i have 4gb ram in it freezes every 5mins and i cant even load world of warcraft. I take 2gb ram out and its absolutely fine, is there a patch / update to overcome this, does 3gb ram work, any help would be great, ty
    Monday, November 5, 2007 3:31 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Thank you for your posting.

According to your post, you have tried to run Windows Vista after removing 2GB memory chip and system works well. Therefore, I suspect damaged hardware rather than a Windows Vista issue. We are not the best resource in hardware troubleshooting.

I highly recommend you to ask a hardware professional to help you. If all the devices are brand new, you may contact the manufacturer or seller to check this for you.

Note: In case of possible loss, please backup all your important data before troubleshooting the hardware.

Just for your reference, I offer you some simple steps in order to narrow down the problem’s scope:

1.    Please confirm whether you’ve correctly install the memory chips, please refer to the following article:
    http://searchwincomputing.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid68_gci1078301,00.html

2.    Try to use each memory in each memory slot to run the system, try to find out which one is damaged.

If I misunderstand anything or you still have questions on this topic, please let me know.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Wednesday, November 7, 2007 10:07 AM