none
No resources from resource pool RRS feed

• Question

• Now my master project will not allow me to allocate resources from the resource pool. on the resource sheet, all the resources are there, the resource pool is open, and I've selected to assign resources from the the pool, and that the resource pool takes precedence.

When I use the drop-down list in either the resources column or the assign resources window, there's nothing there.

If I try to enter the resource by typing it in, a new resource is created with that name in the resource pool, even though a resource with that name already exists in that pool.

Can anyone explain why this is happening?

Friday, March 14, 2014 7:41 AM

Answers

• Not at all a dumb question, best to have all angles covered. I did check, but they had indeed all been linked. What solved the problem in the end was moving the resource pool off the drive, putting it back on and then re-connecting all the projects to it. Doesn't get us any closer to why it happened, but at least I can get on with work now.

Thanks for your help.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 7:09 AM

All replies

• isaacson33 --

This may be a dumb question, but have you connected each of the subprojects to the shared resource pool file?  If not, please connect each subproject to the shared resource pool file and let us know if that resolves the problem.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, March 14, 2014 1:19 PM
  • Not at all a dumb question, best to have all angles covered. I did check, but they had indeed all been linked. What solved the problem in the end was moving the resource pool off the drive, putting it back on and then re-connecting all the projects to it. Doesn't get us any closer to why it happened, but at least I can get on with work now.

Thanks for your help.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 7:09 AM
  • isaacson33 --

OK, I am glad you resolved your own problem.  As to why the problem occurred in the first place, keep in mind as you move forward that the shared resource pool file functionality is very old and is historically prone to problems.  But at least you solved the problem.  Thanks for letting us know.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 12:57 PM