Lync white board not working for Lync 2010 clients RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I have Lync 2010 environment as below. Recently patches implemented in FE servers in both sites. but there are many differences like many patches installed additionally in Site A comparing with site B.

Now the users in Site A reported whiteboard and poll not working and getting below error. Only Lync 2010 clients are impacted. If i login with SFB client that functionality works fine. There is no issues in site B. if I move my account to Site B pool and login Lync 2010 client it works fine.

Error: "some sharing features are unavailable due to server connectivity issues."

Site A

1 FE pool with 1 FE server

site B

1 FE pool with 1 FE server

I found this article in internet. But there is no such .Net patch installed in Site A FE server. but the symptoms mentioned in this article same. can i go and implement the registry mentioned in this article.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/kb/3165438

Thanks, chandru CT1

• Edited by CT101 Monday, November 14, 2016 7:49 AM edited
    Monday, November 14, 2016 7:48 AM

Answers

• Hi I confirm after apply lync client 2010 patch in affected machine resolved the issue.

The difference was I identified in Site B not installed .Net patches but it was installed in site A (affected site). But not the exact patch mentioned in above article. 

But not sure how it did fix after applying lync 2010 client patch in affected user machine. It works fine now

Thanks

CT101

Thanks, chandru CT1

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, November 25, 2016 10:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by CT101 Wednesday, November 30, 2016 10:05 AM
    Thursday, November 24, 2016 11:50 AM

All replies

• Seems like server issue, since your troubleshooting points to it. I would go through the list of recent updates and remove them, so its identical to site B.

Also check if Lync clients are up to date.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Tuesday, November 15, 2016 8:48 AM
    Monday, November 14, 2016 8:01 AM
  • I believe you shouldn't implement the registry key as that was only a workaround before Microsoft release the fix from client side,

I did face this issue two months ago and it was related to this patch.

I recommend that you install the following update for your clients https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3171499

Please investigate list of patch installed (the different one from site B) .check the following list  of KB based on your operating system

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/ms16-065.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

• Proposed as answer by GUIz49 Monday, November 14, 2016 8:21 AM
    • Edited by GUIz49 Monday, November 14, 2016 8:22 AM
    Monday, November 14, 2016 8:21 AM
  • Hi CT101,

Welcome to post in our forum.

Would you please tell us did all Lync 2010 clients have the issue or all Lync 2010 clients have the issue in site A?

If the specific client has the issue, please try to delete Lync cache files and make sure the Lync client with the latest update and test again.
    %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Communicator\ sip_UserName@Domain.com

Did the issue appeared in external or internal?
    If it appeared in external, please make sure the ports 80, 443 and 444 are open in your reverse proxy

Please check if there are any difference between site A and site B.

You could also check in Lync FE server if there are any error messages, if possible, please provide the error message for us.

Hope this helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, November 21, 2016 8:53 AM
    Tuesday, November 15, 2016 8:49 AM
  • Hi,

Would you please tell us did all Lync 2010 clients have the issue or all Lync 2010 clients have the issue in site A? - It appears all users who using Lync 2010 clients having the issue. If they use SFB client the issue does not appear.

Did the issue appeared in external or internal? - It appears both internal and external users who is using Lync 2010 clients in Site A.

We have validated all ports checks, deleted Lync profile from client end as well. but the still issue same.

We have planned to apply Lync 2010 client patch mentioned in this article to one of affected machine. Let you know outcome.

meanwhile any suggestions let me know .

Thanks, chandru CT1

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 6:10 AM
  • Hi CT101,

Thanks for your response.

I will confirm again, what’s the difference between site A and site B?

What’s the result when you apply the updates for Lync 2010 clients?

Did you try the method provided by Off2work?

Regards,

Alice Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 21, 2016 9:24 AM
  • Hi I confirm after apply lync client 2010 patch in affected machine resolved the issue.

The difference was I identified in Site B not installed .Net patches but it was installed in site A (affected site). But not the exact patch mentioned in above article. 

But not sure how it did fix after applying lync 2010 client patch in affected user machine. It works fine now

Thanks

CT101

Thanks, chandru CT1

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, November 25, 2016 10:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by CT101 Wednesday, November 30, 2016 10:05 AM
    Thursday, November 24, 2016 11:50 AM

Thanks

CT101

Thanks, chandru CT1

Hi CT101,

Thanks for your sharing.

Please mark it as an answer, it will help others who has the similar issue.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Friday, November 25, 2016 10:17 AM