SCCM Out Of Band - Remote Workstation Configuration? RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning All - 

After doing initial research, I'm considering implementing Out of Band Service Point in my SCCM enviroment.  We have 1500+ workstations which seem to be capable.  I just have a question about client configuration.

As recently as yesterday, I had never used Intel AMT before and really didn't know what it was (still no expert).  I researched and configured one of our spare workstations (Lenovo m58e) to use it and it tested pretty well.  The only issue I forsee is that the client had to be configured via a BIOS-like console upon boot - not an application.

Therefore, I'm posting to see if there is any way to remotely configure all of my workstations without having to visit each one to restart into config utility to set up.  It would be ideal to be able to configure them remotely with SCCM, a 3rd party utility, or more than likely a startup script.  Obviously with 1500+ at 4 worldwide sites, that would be extremely difficult.

Again, my workstations & laptops are Lenovo m58e and newer for the most part.

Any suggestions would be well appreciated - Thanks!!!

Ben K.
    Sunday, July 3, 2011 4:37 PM

Answers

• I realise this thread is a bit old, but perhaps it may still be of use to others. Basically, the answer to the problem is a matter of whether or not the hardware and vendor supports a BIOS configuration tool. You might make contact with IBM to find out whether they can help you in this situation. If they can't help, then you're going to have to configure each computer old school style - that is, by hand.
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 12:29 PM