none
GPO not consistantly applied to machines

Question

• I've got a GPO on an OU called Laptops

Laptop1 and Laptop2 are in the Laptops OU and both laptops are listed in Security Filtering meaning the GPO is applied to them.

If user Fred logs into Laptop1 he gets the Default Domain GPO but if he logs into Laptop2 he gets the Laptops GPO??

I've run gpupdate /force on both many times and rebooted both many times trying to figure out why this is happening.

Both machines are Win7 pro and at the same patch level.

Any ideas?  

Thursday, January 08, 2015 8:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

>>If user Fred logs into Laptop1 he gets the Default Domain GPO but if he logs into Laptop2 he gets the Laptops GPO??

How is it going? If the situation persists, as Alex suggested, we can run command gpresult/h gpreport.html with admin privileges to collect group policy result report to check this. For a GPO, the settings under Computer Configuration will apply to computers, regardless of who logs on to the computers.

Best regards,
    Frank Shen

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 5:17 PM

All replies

• Anything in event logs?

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, January 08, 2015 10:41 PM
  • Nothing at all, everything looks happy happy.
    Thursday, January 08, 2015 10:55 PM
  • Gpresults wizard for both machines and user Fred please
    Friday, January 09, 2015 7:49 AM
  • Thank you for the reply. I'm away from the systems for a few days but will post ASAP.
    Friday, January 09, 2015 1:48 PM
  • Hi,

>>If user Fred logs into Laptop1 he gets the Default Domain GPO but if he logs into Laptop2 he gets the Laptops GPO??

How is it going? If the situation persists, as Alex suggested, we can run command gpresult/h gpreport.html with admin privileges to collect group policy result report to check this. For a GPO, the settings under Computer Configuration will apply to computers, regardless of who logs on to the computers.

Best regards,
    Frank Shen

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 5:17 PM
  • Thanks for the reply.  Been up to my eyeballs with other things, I hope to dig into the problem soon.
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 5:26 PM