Approve.aspx - Customizing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I need to customize the approve.aspx. Bascially I want to have when a user presses Approve/Reject I want my custom page to show up. This page will
    be a copy of approve.aspx but just have more detailed descriptions of what happens when a form is approved or rejected etc. I'm not sure how to go about this.
    Monday, October 26, 2009 4:39 PM

Answers

• Hi there.

I would not recommend you to modify the OOB files from Microsoft, since it will leave your SharePoint installation unsupported.
    I recommend that you develop a custom HTTP module that intercepts the request for the approve.aspx page and re-directs to a custom page of your instead.

That approach also solves your requirement to filter out a specific site.

Regards,
    Magnus

My blog: InsomniacGeek.com
    • Marked as answer by Chengyi Wu Thursday, November 5, 2009 3:22 AM
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 12:40 PM

All replies

• 1. Make a backup for original page.
    2. Approve.aspx is a application page, which uses compiled assembly incorporate with aspx page. The customization of the page requires coding not drag & drop.
    3. You can use VS to open the aspx page to edit the markups, you can also reference your own assembly in the page.
    Keep It Simple and Stupid.
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 12:53 AM
  • Open Approve.aspx page in SharePoint Designer. Modify the code of Approve & Reject button. It would be someting like onclick=__commit; __redirect={Your Page Name}.
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 5:14 AM
  • But I don't want any of the other sites that are using workflow to be affected. I somehow need the new, display and edit forms in this one site to point to a new customized approval page, all other sites must still go to the default approval page.
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 12:22 PM
  • Hi there.

I would not recommend you to modify the OOB files from Microsoft, since it will leave your SharePoint installation unsupported.
    I recommend that you develop a custom HTTP module that intercepts the request for the approve.aspx page and re-directs to a custom page of your instead.

That approach also solves your requirement to filter out a specific site.

Regards,
    Magnus

My blog: InsomniacGeek.com
    • Marked as answer by Chengyi Wu Thursday, November 5, 2009 3:22 AM
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 12:40 PM
  • neddy

i have excidentally modified approve.aspx in sharepoint 2010.

If you have original file please send at dejan_lukic7@hotmail.com

thanks

Thursday, June 3, 2010 11:03 AM