SCSM 2012 Workflow failures RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a SR workflow created where when a particular support group is selected, a SR template is applied. It's worked previously, however now it fails:

Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.DiscoveryDataLifetimeDependencyException: A discovery data item was rejected because the item is already bound to another Membership relationship.

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.ServiceProxy.HandleFault(String methodName, Message message)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.ConnectorFrameworkConfigurationServiceProxy.ProcessDiscoveryData(Guid discoverySourceId, IList`1 entityInstances, IDictionary`2 streams, ObjectChangelist`1 extensions)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConnectorFramework.IncrementalDiscoveryData.CommitInternal(EnterpriseManagementGroup managementGroup, Guid discoverySourceId, Boolean useOptimisticConcurrency)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.EnterpriseManagementObjectProjection.CommitInternal(Guid discoverySourceId, Boolean useOptimisticConcurrency)

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.EnterpriseManagementObjectProjection.Overwrite()

at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.WorkflowFoundation.ConfigurationWorkflow.saveInstanceActivity_ExecuteCode(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.Activity.RaiseEvent(DependencyProperty dependencyEvent, Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Workflow.Activities.CodeActivity.Execute(ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)

at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.Execute(T activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)

at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.Execute(Activity activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)

at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutorOperation.Run(IWorkflowCoreRuntime workflowCoreRuntime)

at System.Workflow.Runtime.Scheduler.Run()

Any ideas as to how I got about fault finding/fixing this?

Looking at the error, I suspect this has to do with an property associated in another management pack, but I'm really just guessing.

thanks

Jason

Monday, May 7, 2012 11:01 AM

Answers

• I found today if I placed the Workflow in the same management pack as the template I want used, the workflow worked. I'm not sure this is by design, or a bug..
    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 3:41 AM

All replies

• Do you have any parallel or sequential activities in your SR template?

Have you recently made any changes to the template?

Monday, May 7, 2012 2:05 PM
  • yes, I have a parallel activity in the template.
    Monday, May 7, 2012 2:43 PM
  • And have you made any recent changes to the template?

This error can be associated with a known issue with parallel/sequential activities.

For example: If you drag&drop activities into a parallel activity while creating/editing a template, this error can occur when applying that template to your class.

So, in your template, try removing your parallel activities (including the parent). Next, add a new parallel activity to your template. Then _open_ that parallel activity and add all of the child activities to it on the Activities tab.

This may not solve it, but it's a similar error, so it's worth trying.

Monday, May 7, 2012 3:21 PM
  • I found today if I placed the Workflow in the same management pack as the template I want used, the workflow worked. I'm not sure this is by design, or a bug..
    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 3:41 AM