Somewhat bug, And a question RRS feed

• Question

• I've ran windows 7 on a few processors/motherboards in the past year.

AMD 2.7ghz dual
    AMD 2.8ghz Quad
    AMD 3.2 Quad
    AMD 3.3 Six Core

On all of the systems I've ran it on i notice this small little annoying bug/issue and it happens quite a bit.

When i have say 2 or more of any window open, sometimes it will stick and not let me open up one of the tabs from the bottom, it will open up the window at the bottom of the screen when you rollover the icon on the bar, and it will 1) close the screen instantly. OR 2) Open the screen, let you choose, and not open that window.

The only way to open that window again is to close one of the multiple duplicate processes, or use task manager.

Now I have a second question also...

I had installed windows 7 on a computer I built to sell. The computer never sold and I took it apart and sold all the pieces.

Now I have a cd and a cd key for windows that is not in use..

Since this has been pre-installed on a dissembled computer can i reinstall it on a newly built computer?
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 2:57 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Regarding your first issue, it doesn't seem to be related to processors. If the issue occurred after installing the new Windows 7 without any 3<sup>rd</sup> party programs running? Please disable the thumbnail feature to check the result.

Please Start -> Type gpedit.msc -> find User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Start Menu and Taskbar. In the right pane, find Turn off Taskbar Thumbnails and enable it. If the issue persists, please boot in Safe Mode for testing.

Regarding your second issue, if the product key has not been used, you can install it on a newly built computer. However, if it is activated, this key cannot be used for other computers.

Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Wednesday, February 16, 2011 6:28 AM
    Friday, February 11, 2011 10:04 AM