How do I mapp an application for Windows? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

First off, I hope my question concerns this forum, otherwise I will be happy if the administrator locate the right forum to me.

Under Windows 7 64-bits I have been using the same program over and over, it is the graphic interface for my external sound card, the Terratec DMX6FIRE.

What I do with this program is for example assign individual inputs/outputs soun channels, so I need to switch continuosly between them using my mouse, checking small buttons for I/O. This graphic interface looks like any mixerboard but has a much simplistic layout. Everything works fine.

I'm wondering what I do need to know in order to mapp that interface and swith those buttons by pressing -let's say an modificate perifical as a USB joystick-? I should ask if it is possible but I think yes, why not... My question is not about the whole process, I think I could figurate out the hardware part of the proyect somehow. My question is more like "How Windows work if I wanna do such a thing?".

Regards,

Super Taldo (Oscar from Chile)

PS: I have seen this: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cchu/palette-a-freeform-interface-that-controls-any-sof Looks fine but expensive for what it does.
    Wednesday, July 23, 2014 7:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you want set a hotkey for your Application?

If yes, I suggest you ask that application support for help.

If you want achieve like the reference you provided, this should be combination of software and hardware.

I suggest you ask this issue in Windows Desktop development forum for more professional help.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/home?forum=windowsgeneraldevelopmentissues

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, July 24, 2014 8:39 AM
  • There are a number of third party tools that can probably do this for you.  One that has a loyal following (free, with an active user community) is AutoHotKey.   I bet it could do what you're hoping for.

Before going that far, also double check your graphic card software too, there's a chance it has the ability to save multiple profiles, which might (if it's available) be a more direct/faster way to do what you are trying to do.

Thursday, July 24, 2014 9:45 PM