Partial compatibility - Adobe Premier Elements 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Loaded and ran Premier 7 on 32b OK - but crashed when trying to open new project
    On 64b - installed OK, but system crashed on reboot after install - had to recover using state snapshot prior to install
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 10:23 PM

Answers

• Kindly mark as answer if got any solution .
    • Proposed as answer by Jacus Monday, August 17, 2009 12:09 PM
    • Marked as answer by Deep Sharma Tuesday, August 18, 2009 4:53 PM
    Monday, August 17, 2009 12:09 PM

All replies

• P7 Elements installed and ran ok for me on both 32 and 64 bit flavors of Win 7 but...it wouldn't "see" my DVD drive on either one. I could import video from my IEEE MiniDV camcorder, edit video, add audio and render to the hard drive. Create, open and save projects all day long. It just refused to see the DVD drive.

I even tried a fresh install of Win 7 with Premier Elements 7 as the  only application installed, still no luck.

Are video editing apps the most touchy, persnickety pieces of software or what?

Luckily, I managed to get Movie Maker 6 from Vista running under Win 7 without problems.

Maybe I'll try again with the RTM just for the heck of it!

Edit: Ok, I just re-installed Premier Elements 7 on my Windows 7 x64 RTM computer and now it "sees" my DVD drive. Will wonders never cease? I'll have to try some editing, etc. and see if there are any surprises in store.
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 11:52 PM
  • Hi,

I dont have too much visibility in the Issue but am  trying to get some information for this & will keep u posted".
    I would also suggest you to go through some links which ma help you in this concern.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/398561
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistaapps/thread/e1031b06-e2a3-4b81-9edc-4b2f99785711

Also please Check for the compatibility fo the particular application for Windows 7.

Kind Regards
    Deep Sharma

NOTE - Disclaimer

The links in this message may lead to third-party Web sites. Microsoft provides third-party resources to help you find customer service and/or technical support resources. Information at these sites may change without notice. Microsoft is not responsible for the content at any third-party Web sites and does not guarantee the accuracy of third-party information.

• Proposed as answer by Deep Sharma Friday, August 14, 2009 12:19 PM
    Friday, August 14, 2009 12:19 PM
  • Thanks for the links Deep Sharma.

As I noted in the edit to my first post, Premiere Elements 7 is now working ok for me. For the original poster (mtndog9), all I can offer is how I successfully installed PE7:

I turned off my anti-virus first, then right-clicked on the setup file and chose the "Run as administrator" option. I believe these steps are critical to a successful installation.

After a successfull installation, the first time I ran it I right-clicked on the desktop shortcut and chose the "Run as administrator" option again. I don't know if that's really necessary, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

Ed
    Sunday, August 16, 2009 5:46 PM

• Kindly mark as answer if got any solution .
    • Proposed as answer by Jacus Monday, August 17, 2009 12:09 PM
    • Marked as answer by Deep Sharma Tuesday, August 18, 2009 4:53 PM
    Monday, August 17, 2009 12:09 PM