Outlook .ost file deletion error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Forum Members,

I am not an expert in Office but i am using Microsoft office 365 Proplus. i was trying to setup my company email accounts in outlook and it was failing in my outlook but it ended up opening 5 OST data files. I deleted those failed email accounts setups. Now there OST file is still hanging in the Data file tab and also i can see these accounts in the outlook main account panel. But these accounts are not in accounts tab anymore.

i deleted the .ost files from path folder too but when i start outlook again these comes back. when i try to delete them from the data file tab it ask me to remove them from it gives me error "THE DATA FILE ASSOSIATED WITH A MAIL ACCOUNT. TO REMOVE IT USE THE EMAIL TAB."But there is not email account assosiated to these data files. 

i have uninstalled office and reinstalled again to fix it but it doesnt change anything. please help me to fix it.

• Moved by Perry-Pan Friday, June 14, 2019 1:51 AM
    Thursday, June 13, 2019 10:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Dr. Malik Ali,

Normally, reinstalling Office won't recreate Outlook profile. If the profile is corrupted, issue would persists.

Considering your situation, I’d like to recommend you create a new profile and then setup your company email accounts again to test the result.

We can remove the broken profile via Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles. Select the original profile and choose Remove.

To create a new profile, click Add.

Besides, how do you configure company account? Using Auto Account Setup?

If you have more concern when setting up accounts, please feel free to tell us.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Friday, June 14, 2019 1:53 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, June 17, 2019 7:10 AM
    Friday, June 14, 2019 1:51 AM
  • Hi Dr. Malik Ali,

Does the suggestion above work for you? Do original .ost file still appear?

Any updates, please feel free to post back. If the information is helpful to you, it's suggested to mark as answer which will benefit other users a lot!

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, June 20, 2019 6:37 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, June 20, 2019 6:37 AM
    Tuesday, June 18, 2019 5:58 AM