Using custom properties within MDX-script.. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.
    I was wondering if it is possible to use any custom properties defined on an KPI, when using MDX to calculate the actuals and target values of the KPI.
    My question therefore is whether it is possible to use custom properties within the MDX script applied?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards
    Mogens Nielsen

Thursday, January 22, 2009 3:26 PM

Answers

• Hi
    That depends actually if you are developing Dashboard asa developer its important because you can't move ahead without mdx.
    But mostly you use those MDX in the Cube level,But in the pps you have very limited options of custom properties since this is new  TOOL  but still if you have knowledge of MDX its great!! And you can use use those custom function  like     . lag(1) as long as you have understanding of mdx(elementry knowledge),You can use lag function !!
    Thanks
    Dibyant S U padhyay
    • Marked as answer by AseemN Monday, February 16, 2009 8:53 PM
    Monday, February 2, 2009 6:00 PM

All replies

• Mogens, 

What kind of custom properties you are talking about, any specific.

D
    Saturday, January 24, 2009 6:36 AM
  • Dibyant,
    In the Dashboard Designer you are able to add custom properties when defining KPI's. When defining the actual and target values you are able to use mdx in order to get these values. 
    Now I would like to use the custom properties when writing my mdx-script. 
    For instance in my mdx-script I could be using the LAG-function, which needs an index. If I would be able to define the index as a custom property a person without knowledge of mdx would be able to change the index without seeing (or having to learn) mdx.

/Mogens
    Monday, February 2, 2009 10:20 AM
  • Hi
    That depends actually if you are developing Dashboard asa developer its important because you can't move ahead without mdx.
    But mostly you use those MDX in the Cube level,But in the pps you have very limited options of custom properties since this is new  TOOL  but still if you have knowledge of MDX its great!! And you can use use those custom function  like     . lag(1) as long as you have understanding of mdx(elementry knowledge),You can use lag function !!
    Thanks
    Dibyant S U padhyay
    • Marked as answer by AseemN Monday, February 16, 2009 8:53 PM
    Monday, February 2, 2009 6:00 PM
  • Thank you for your answer.
    I have extended knowledge of the mdx-language, but my customer has not. That was the reason why I would like the opportunity to use properties in the dashboard designer in order to make the customer able to change these on a super user level without having to change the mdx-code.

But I think the conclusion must be, that this is not an opportunity.

Thanks again
    Mogens
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 8:11 AM