none
How can I reactivate the inactive protection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I stopped the protection of backups in protection group and everything is now appearing as Inactive protection.

Is there any way I can make this active. Tried creating Protection Gropus but DPM asks to first delete the Inactive Protection Group.

Please help me on this.

Aakash Saxena

• Changed type Aakash Saxena Wednesday, January 27, 2016 2:45 PM No replies
    Wednesday, January 27, 2016 1:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You should be able to create a new protection group and select your production server/servers in the new protection group. Or you could also add the servers back into the old protection group.

While doing this, DPM will use the data in "Inactive Protection" for the servers and not create new replica and recovery volumes.

In case this does not work for you, please post the error message you receive when trying to add the inactive protection. 

Kind Regards
    Markus Eliasson

• Proposed as answer by Gerardas Thursday, January 28, 2016 9:19 AM
    Thursday, January 28, 2016 8:45 AM
  • Hi,

We tried creating the new Protection Group but while creating DPM says there is already available rocvery points and Replica volume for the volume. Delete the current Inactive Protection.

Since it was urgent we had to delete the all the older recovery points and Replica volume and created new Protection Group.

Thanks for your help. Really Appreciate.

Aakash Saxena

Thursday, January 28, 2016 4:45 PM