UAG test page for akamai RRS feed

• Question

• We just moved all of our external access to Exchange/Outlook Anywhere/OWA from ISA to UAG.  It all works great except for a test html page that our Akamai service reads to determine if the OWA site is down.  If akamai cannot read the page, then it switches the OWA DNS record to our our DR UAG in another site. 

If I browse to the page from IE, I can get there fine.  Akamai, however says that it is being redirected and that the service does not work with redirects.  Is there any way in UAG to publish a site/page that does not do a redirect before directing you to the page?  My guess as to what is happening is that UAG is redirecting to authenticate the user and then passing back the page requested.

Jim Unruh
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 12:48 PM

Answers

• Hi Jim

You can place an HTML file on the UAG server, in the InternalSite\CustomUpdate folder and then configure Akamai to poll that resource.

Make sure to also add a new UAG URL Set rule that allows a request to /InternalSite/CustomUpdate/<your_HTML_page>\.html

-Ran

• Marked as answer by JimUnruh Thursday, July 22, 2010 4:56 PM
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Jim

You can place an HTML file on the UAG server, in the InternalSite\CustomUpdate folder and then configure Akamai to poll that resource.

Make sure to also add a new UAG URL Set rule that allows a request to /InternalSite/CustomUpdate/<your_HTML_page>\.html

-Ran

• Marked as answer by JimUnruh Thursday, July 22, 2010 4:56 PM
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:44 PM
  • Thankyou!  That worked perfectly.

Jim Unruh
    Thursday, July 22, 2010 4:56 PM