none
SteadyState wish list RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I’ve just given Windows SteadyState a shot. It sure would be nice if there was a program that could take a disk image and store it for a period of time in a specified location like on another drive entirely. This way, when things screw up, one could just replace the image with all the software authorized and so on. This would obviously save from downloading updates and such again.

This could be accomplished with a program like Norton Ghost, which would do this exact thing, except that they only want to rent their software on subscriptions. Since none of the versions are compatible, it is totally useless for any archival uses.

This could be easily accomplished with some sort of a hybrid between Windows Restore and SteadyState. In fact, either one these would do that if one could select an alternate  drive to store the data on and preserve the data indefinitely.

Sunday, July 20, 2008 4:17 AM

Answers

•  

Hi, thank you for your feedback regarding Windows SteadyState. I'll forward your valuable feedback to our product team. I also consider this could be convenient for our users.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 5:38 AM