none
MDT Platform Selection RRS feed

• Question

• I have MDT 2013 8443.  When I create a task sequence that is platform specific and even if I select every platform, the Task doesn't show up in the Wizard when running from Litetouch.vbs
    Sunday, January 29, 2017 6:17 PM

All replies

• What OS and architecture are you running litetouch.vbs from and what restrictions did you set?

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Sunday, January 29, 2017 10:06 PM
  • There are several reasons why a Task Sequence won't even display in the Task Sequence window in MDT, this is by design. FOr example, if you are running Windows 7 x86, and you imported Windows 10 x64, then MDT won't display the Win 10 x64 task sequence. YOu don't mention any specifics so we can't help you with the exact reasons.

If you are still having problems, please copy the bdd.log file from a failed run to a public share like OneDrive and share the link here.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Thursday, February 2, 2017 12:52 AM
  • Sorry,  I think there's a different issue.  I previously selected multiple platforms, when I select only Windows 7 x64 and above running from a 64bit OS, it works.  If I select both Windows 7 x86 and X64, the BDD log shows

<![LOG[    Open Control File: TaskSequences]LOG]!><time="06:57:58.000+000" date="02-03-2017" component="Wizard" context="" type="1" thread="" file="Wizard">
    <![LOG[Platform Windows PE is not found.]LOG]!><time="06:57:59.000+000" date="02-03-2017" component="Wizard" context="" type="1" thread="" file="Wizard">
    <![LOG[Condition SELECT * FROM Win32_OperatingSystem WHERE OSArchitecture like '32%' not satisfied, platform All x86 Windows 7 and Newer is not supported.]LOG]!><time="06:57:59.000+000" date="02-03-2017" component="Wizard" context="" type="1" thread="" file="Wizard">

Right now I'm only concerned with X64 OS, so it's not an issue, Just wondering now why I can't use both.

Thanks for mentioning the BDD log,

Friday, February 3, 2017 1:01 PM