"Sorry, you don't have access to this page" when using Content Organizer even though upload succeeds RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a Drop Off library for which a group has Contribute permissions. Using Content Organizer I then move the uploads to another library that the group does not have any permissions for. The uploads are moved successfully, but a request for access is still displayed for users of this group. To the user it looks like the upload has failed.

If I give the group Contribute permissions for the destination library the problem goes away, but that defeats the entire purpose of the Drop Off library.

A user has described the same problem here: http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/138194/drop-off-library-permission but without a solution.

Is there one?

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 12:41 PM

Answers

• Hi tagerud,

According to your description, you have a group with Contribute permission for drop off library and no permission for destination library. The uploads are moved successfully but the group cannot access the destination library.

I have done test and get the same result. It is the result we should get because the group doesn’t have access to the destination library.

If you want the group to view the documents in the destination library, you at least need to grant it with Read permission.

If I misunderstood your issue, feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Aaren liu

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by tagerud Thursday, February 4, 2016 9:57 AM
    Thursday, February 4, 2016 5:21 AM

All replies

• Hi tagerud,

According to your description, you have a group with Contribute permission for drop off library and no permission for destination library. The uploads are moved successfully but the group cannot access the destination library.

I have done test and get the same result. It is the result we should get because the group doesn’t have access to the destination library.

If you want the group to view the documents in the destination library, you at least need to grant it with Read permission.

If I misunderstood your issue, feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Aaren liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by tagerud Thursday, February 4, 2016 9:57 AM
    Thursday, February 4, 2016 5:21 AM
  • Thank you! That worked. I was sure that I had tried that but didn't have any success with a permission level less than Contribute, but I must have been mistaken.

However, I would prefer that the uploading user has no easy way to even see these files. I have seen that it is possible to use Sharepoint Designer to hide specific libraries, but unfortunately I only have access to online editing.

I came up with a workaround though using default views that filter out all files that the user should not see, which is satisfactory.

Again, thank you.

Thursday, February 4, 2016 9:57 AM
  • Hi tagerud,

Thank you for your update and response.

I am glad that your issue has been solved. If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Have a nice day!

Aaren liu

Thursday, February 4, 2016 10:02 AM