Windows Explorer Context Menu RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm wanting to know where to ask about adding a menu item to the context menu when the user right clicks the file path in the address bar in windows explorer.  This is on Windows XP, and would deal with making registry entries.  Does anyone know where I should post this?

Thanks!

Thursday, November 4, 2010 2:48 AM

Answers

All replies

• The Shell programming forum at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/windowsuidevelopment/threads

But I don't think the sacred address bar has any APIs. APIs for certain aspects of IE (not separated from Explorer.exe in XP) are left out on purpose, giving the user full control over the browser.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    • Marked as answer by eengel821 Thursday, November 4, 2010 9:55 PM
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 9:42 PM
  • Thanks!  That is too bad I can't access it through and API.  I was hoping to do some simple registry entry (like adding a context menu when you click on a folder), which is pretty easy.  Thanks for your response.  I'll post in the forum you suggested just in case.
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 9:55 PM