Window Server 2008 R2 Hangs RRS feed

• Question

• Currently i am working on Server 2008 r2 and it hangs during the days. Cursor works but sharing folder not accessible to connected systems.

Sunday, July 2, 2017 2:33 AM

Answers

• Information provided to troubleshoot this issue is incomplete. How does this situation resolve? How frequent issue happen? Do you have to reboot the server to resolve the issue or it resolve automatically? Check some events in Application or System for errors or warning. Check Task Manager for Memory/CPU and Disk Utilization.
    Sunday, July 2, 2017 5:35 AM

All replies

• Information provided to troubleshoot this issue is incomplete. How does this situation resolve? How frequent issue happen? Do you have to reboot the server to resolve the issue or it resolve automatically? Check some events in Application or System for errors or warning. Check Task Manager for Memory/CPU and Disk Utilization.
    Sunday, July 2, 2017 5:35 AM
  •  I agree with Jai, please provide some more details also check for resource utilization if possible boot the server is safe mode and check the event viewer.

Akshay Pate

Sunday, July 2, 2017 5:55 AM
  • Hi,

What is the error message when failed to access sharing folder on this server? 

Try to access share using UNC path and IP address, check to see if there is any differnece.

Besides, select one of the problemtic sharing folder, try to re-configure its share permission and check the result. 

Best Regards, 
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 3, 2017 8:57 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 17, 2017 7:05 AM