none
Distribution manager Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have SCCM Primary server and 2 servers with DP Role installed 

When I try to run Automatic Deployment Rule .. the associated Deployment package status changed to failed after the rule completes Downloading

I tried to create a new package and distributed it and its done but then I got the same status "failed" after downloading any updates to this package

In SMS_Distribution_manager I got 2 error mesaages: 

1) Message ID 2302

Distribution Manager failed to process package "Wi8.1" (package ID = ABC00018).

Possible cause: Distribution Manager does not have access to either the package source directory or the distribution point.
    Solution: Verify that distribution manager can access the package source directory/distribution point.

Possible cause: The package source directory contains files with long file names and the total length of the path exceeds the maximum length supported by the operating system.
    Solution: Reduce the number of folders defined for the package, shorten the filename, or consider bundling the files using a compression utility.

Possible cause: There is not enough disk space available on the site server computer or the distribution point.
    Solution: Verify that there is enough free disk space available on the site server computer and on the distribution point.

Possible cause: The package source directory contains files that might be in use by an active process.
    Solution: Close any processes that maybe using files in the source directory.  If this failure persists, create an alternate copy of the source directory and update the package source to point to it.

2) Message ID 2361

Distribution Manager failed to access the source directory "\\SCCMSERVER\updates\W8.1\67b5ccbf-3e17-45e6-86ae-e935578f9c6e" for content "67b5ccbf-3e17-45e6-86ae-e935578f9c6e" (content ID = 67b5ccbf-3e17-45e6-86ae-e935578f9c6e). The operating system reported error 1295: The requested file operation failed because the storage quota was exceeded. To free up disk space, move files to a different location or delete unnecessary files. For more information, contact your system administrator. 

Possible cause: Distribution Manager does not have sufficient rights to the source directory.
    Solution: Verify that the site server computer account has at least Read access to the directory you specify as the source directory.

Possible cause: There is not enough disk space available on the site server.
    Solution: Verify that there is enough free disk space available on the site server. 

Retry Interval is 30 minutes, number of retries left is 98.

NOTE: I checked the free disk space and all permissions ... The system was running fine before.

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 12:27 PM

All replies

• It seems to be a permission issue, Check that the sccm site system account (the server) has acccess to the file share.

Also check distmgr.log on site server for more details

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 1:34 PM
  • Thanks for your response The server has full permission , any other idea?
    Tuesday, December 3, 2019 2:59 PM
  • Can you share distmgr.log error details
    Tuesday, December 3, 2019 3:23 PM
  • The *exact* error here is "The operating system reported error 1295: The requested file operation failed because the storage quota was exceeded." This is not coming from ConfigMgr, it is coming from the OS.

Have you reviewed the available disk space on *all* volumes of the DP *and* the site server?

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 4:53 PM
  • The *exact* error here is "The operating system reported error 1295: The requested file operation failed because the storage quota was exceeded." This is not coming from ConfigMgr, it is coming from the OS.

Have you reviewed the available disk space on *all* volumes of the DP *and* the site server?

Yes All Disks with the appropriate free space 

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 8:46 PM
  • Can you share distmgr.log error details

here is the log >> dismgr.log

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 8:48 PM
  • Have you reviewed the event logs on both systems?

Something at the OS layer is keeping the copy operation from completing successfully.

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 9:45 PM
  • Have you reviewed the event logs on both systems?

Something at the OS layer is keeping the copy operation from completing successfully.

Yes nothing related to the issue

Also I tried to install new DP as a test but I face the same issue . And I created an Application package and distributed it to the DPs and it's distributed successfully. SO the problem only in Updates packages

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 7:12 AM
  • Hi,

If the remaining free disk space is large enough, I recommend that you first try to check the event viewer to see if other applications are interfering or conflicting with your deployment.
    Is there a third-party anti-virus program installed there?
    In addition, Have you tried restarting the server?
    The following thread describes a similar issue, and I hope this is helpful to you:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8fdb6918-6184-4244-aa53-f51360475234/sccm-secondary-site-drive-filling-up?forum=configmanagergeneral

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 7:56 AM
  • Hi,

If the remaining free disk space is large enough, I recommend that you first try to check the event viewer to see if other applications are interfering or conflicting with your deployment.
    Is there a third-party anti-virus program installed there?
    In addition, Have you tried restarting the server?
    The following thread describes a similar issue, and I hope this is helpful to you:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8fdb6918-6184-4244-aa53-f51360475234/sccm-secondary-site-drive-filling-up?forum=configmanagergeneral

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Hi,

I checked this thread but my problem still happens

As I said it's only happening in Software  Updates Packages

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 9:25 AM
  • Update packages tend to be much larger than application content. How big is the package?

Have you validated that your AV is not getting in the way somehow?

Also note that upon re-reading the error, it looks to be specific to the site server itself. Thus, how much free disk space is on each volume of the site server and how big is the package?

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 1:50 PM
  • Update packages tend to be much larger than application content. How big is the package?

Have you validated that your AV is not getting in the way somehow?

Also note that upon re-reading the error, it looks to be specific to the site server itself. Thus, how much free disk space is on each volume of the site server and how big is the package?

Yes it’s mostly in the Primary server No AV. The disks in server more than 150GB each with more than 60% free space. Also I increased the disks The package not that big (about 2 GB but I tries smaller packages for testing)
    • Edited by mt.alabed Wednesday, December 4, 2019 2:07 PM .
    Wednesday, December 4, 2019 1:58 PM
  • Up...
    Wednesday, December 4, 2019 9:45 PM
  • Hi,

Since this issue is most likely related to the operating system, have you checked the event logs on that server? Any clues?

Best regards,
    Larry

Thursday, December 5, 2019 7:18 AM