none
Scripted install help RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am working on scripting an install for Microsoft Dynamics RMS, and I have a couple questions.  When I run the following command, the installer runs normally briefly, and then the installer stops and rolls back.

Start .\RMS_2_Install_Disk\SO\Microsoft_Dynamics_RMS_Store_Operations.msi /passive /norestart

If I run the installation with full user interaction, it comes to a screen that needs a "password" and "confirm password" fields populated, so I am guessing that I need to specify the values for these fields in the install command, but I'm not sure what the exact name of the property is, or if I have the syntax wrong.  I have tried the following, with the same result as above:

Start .\RMS_2_Install_Disk\SO\Microsoft_Dynamics_RMS_Store_Operations.msi /passive /norestart /PASSWORD=[password]

I am wondering if there is a tool or a command that can look at an installer to determine what all of the available property names are?  I am familiar with running "Start .\Path\Installer /?" to determine installation switches, etc, but I feel like there is something more I am missing.

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Andrew

Monday, November 13, 2017 6:40 PM

Answers

• You have to consult the vendor documents for the installer.  It is not a scripting issue.  It is an installer issue and that is controlled by the creator of the installer.  You have to ask the vendor if the installer can be run unattended and, if so, what "public properties" need to be set.

\_(ツ)_/

• Marked as answer by musik779 Tuesday, November 14, 2017 2:42 PM
    Monday, November 13, 2017 7:06 PM