none
Why old tasks are visible in TimeSheet, how to not view "old" tasks in Timesheet? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a simple question about Timesheet in PWA 2013.I would like to understand how the tasks are displayed on the user Timesheet.

Example:
    In a project, there is a task planned for the 31 of August 2015. So, it is in the past.
    I’m assigned to this task with still work to do, remaining work different than zero.
    When I open my current week timesheet (week 29 of May to 2 of June 2017), I see this task in the list.

I think this is normal even if the task is supposed to be finished.
    I don't want to remove the task from my Timesheet as it is not a recommended approach from the server administrator 

A side question:
    Is it possible to limit the task displayed in the timesheet to a certain period.
    For example, only tasks starting in 2017 are visible in the current timesheet.

I’m searching a clear explanation of this.

Thank you in advance for any information

Friday, June 2, 2017 9:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You cannot directly limit the number of tasks in the timesheet. You could always change the way the timesheet is populated (current projects, no prepopulation).

But I would rather suggest to put in place a process to archive completed projects and/or tasks. For example, completed tasks of previous years could could/should be set to PUBLISH=NO in MS Project or even locked, so any completed tasks not in 2017 would not appear in the timesheets.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Friday, June 2, 2017 10:34 AM
  • Hi,

a timesheet will always show all tasks, with remaining work > 0 and StartDate before TimesheetPeriodFinishDate. You can't configure a different behaviour.

But you can somehow "remove" the task due in the past, but not yet to be started somehow: Change the start date to a more realistic date in future. This will not delete assignement (what would happen if you delete timesheet line), but just prevent from task to be displayed until period with updated start date arrived. When you change start date now, line will be kept in current timesheet, but not displayed in future timesheets until updated start date.

Advantage: If you send your updated Start Date to Project Manager, he will be aware that there is some delay.

Does that help?
    Barbara

Friday, June 2, 2017 10:39 AM
  • Thank you Guillaume for the suggestion,
    I'll look at the PUBLISH=NO option for a task.

Friday, June 2, 2017 1:20 PM
  • First, thank you Barbara to confirm about display of tasks.
    I'll check if the start date can be changed for this particular tats.

Regards
    Pascal Jean

Friday, June 2, 2017 1:25 PM