WMPLOC.DLL HAS A VERSION NUMBER 11.0.6000.6336 WHERE 11.0.6000.6324 WAS EXPECTED RRS feed

• Question

• I BOUGHT A NEW TOSHIBA NOTEBOOK AND ALL SEEMED WELL FOR THE FIRST FEW HOURS. I EVEN WATCHED A FEW PERSONAL VIDEOS THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN I STARTED TO GET THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE "WMPLOC.DLL HAS A VERSION NUMBER 11.0.6000.6336 WHERE 11.0.6000.6324 WAS EXPECTED" I TRIED UPDATES AND I STILL CAN'T SEE MY VIDEOS.

Monday, September 10, 2007 8:50 PM

Answers

• I found a workaround. Delete the following registery keys.

After deleting the registry keys below. Media Player should work.

• Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Setup\wmp.dll
    • Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Setup\wmploc.dll
    • Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Setup\\wmplayer.exe

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 1:12 AM

All replies

•  NYCANES wrote:

I BOUGHT A NEW TOSHIBA NOTEBOOK AND ALL SEEMED WELL FOR THE FIRST FEW HOURS. I EVEN WATCHED A FEW PERSONAL VIDEOS THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN I STARTED TO GET THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE "WMPLOC.DLL HAS A VERSION NUMBER 11.0.6000.6336 WHERE 11.0.6000.6324 WAS EXPECTED" I TRIED UPDATES AND I STILL CAN'T SEE MY VIDEOS.

Thursday, September 13, 2007 8:54 PM
  • I have the same problem with my compaq. Sameone can help me to fix it??THANKS

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 7:53 AM
  • If you are just gonna use the media player to watch movies and DVDs, download a classic version from http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_players/media_player_classic.cfm. Don't worry, it won't say "this version of software is not compatible with your version windows, etc, during installation. It is remade to work on Vista. :-) I am encontering the same problem with my media player 11 that came with Vista and I don't think there's a solution yet. Since Media Player on Vista isn't a software that you can uninstall and reinstall it, just like their Windows Internet Explorer (on Vista), we are screwed. So use this classic version to watch your movies. I don't think you can build music library and stuff on it (but I could be wrong though). It looks like something you saw during your Windows 98 days. This one is made for Windows Vista for people who liked the classic version and keep on using it, or for people like us who can't open the version 11 because of the goddamn version number on some dll file has changed itself to something "unexpected." Yeah, right. I use VLC player as Media Player replacement so I don't think I am missing much if this arrogant software doesn't want to work.
    Sunday, October 7, 2007 6:29 PM
  • I found a workaround. Delete the following registery keys.

After deleting the registry keys below. Media Player should work.

• Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Setup\wmp.dll
    • Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Setup\wmploc.dll
    • Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Setup\\wmplayer.exe

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 1:12 AM
  • That's perfect, Agabus! Thank you so much!

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 5:22 PM
  • Thank you it Worked!!!!!!!

Thursday, October 18, 2007 4:08 AM
  • Agabus,

this info was so helpful. I only Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Setup\\wmplayer.exe and it began to work really well.

Thank you 

Thursday, October 25, 2007 9:35 AM
  • WOW! Thanks it's working fine now
    Saturday, November 10, 2007 1:22 AM
  • I tried doing a search to find these to delete them.  How in the world to I find these to delete them?  Vista is really at the top of my list.  XP was better.
    Saturday, November 17, 2007 8:25 PM
  •  

I had a problem that was very similar to this one. Only the difference was in the version numbers. The unwanted messege I got was that wmploc.dll hade a version number "8" something.. where "10"... was expected.

And I tried to do what Agabus said, but I only had to run system32 and there I had two different wmploc.dll, one that had a version of 8 something and one with a version of 10, and this I saw when the both files were in the Trashcan. So I only had to throw away the one with 8 and put the one with 10 right back into system32.

And Windows Media Player started to work as always before. Big Smile

Nice!

Thanks and hope I can help someone to Big Smile

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 9:00 PM
  • hey Guys,,

Seeing many people got solution for this problem is positive sign...

Now here goes my problem.....

same wmp 11.0.6000.6336 issue,, error message pops up and gone ....

Now i tried to follow the registry removal thing specified above..... but i cant see only entry as mentioned above.

Install ID                          some values....

libraryMigrated                  yes

Progress_CurrentDialog     3

Progress_CurrentInstall     0

Progress_MaxDialog         8

Progress_MaxInstall          1

ResetAutoPlay                 11,0,6000,6324

In the same location LOCAL/Software/Microsoft/Mediaplayer/Setup/.....

how can i see the dll and exe file stuff....

Can someone please help me out....It is really a pain with wmp not working....

Hope someone reply me soonnnn..             

Saturday, November 24, 2007 4:11 PM
  • After fighting with HP's online support via IM I gave up and told my spouse it needed to go in the garbage.  Some how some way they got it to work with out deleting a thing.  It had some how messed up the audio drivers which I had removed and installed 5 times but apparently on the 8th time of my spouse doing it, the thing works.  It was odd that I could hear YouTube and noises if I clicked on the wrong button but music wouldn't play. 

Saturday, November 24, 2007 4:20 PM
  •  

Agabus! is my man....

please help me out in removing these stuffs

Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Setup\wmp.dll
    Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Setup\wmploc.dll
    Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Setup\\wmplayer.exe

thanks a million in advance... somehow i want my mediaplayer back...
    Saturday, November 24, 2007 4:22 PM
  • THANK YOU, THANK YOU.  After hours on the phone with hp its nice to find somewhere, where someone knows what they are talking about.

Friday, November 30, 2007 1:19 PM
  • how can i find the registry keys to delete them i tried everything please could u help me

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 9:22 AM
  •  

i tried making a search for them and nothing comes up...

it would be greatly appreciated if u could tell me how to find them

thank u..

CeaZ

Saturday, April 5, 2008 1:08 AM
  • thanks Agabus, worked a charm

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 6:54 AM
  • Hey!  Unfortunately, i am computer literate..im having the same prob. you did,, but have no idea how to remove a registry key.  I know Im not the only one ... so if you can.. can you please list step by step what to do?? seriously, I already feel silly..lol.. but Microsoft wont help and the player I downloaded to substitue sucks.. so any help would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks!!!

Thursday, May 1, 2008 12:04 AM
  • I hope somebody can tell me (I feel like a dummy here) how to get to the spot where I can delete these items to fix mu problems.
    Saturday, May 17, 2008 11:19 PM
  • hello.. im not really expert about troubleshooting but, i have the same problem and i search many sites and ask the same question.. i just found this site and read all questions.. i don't also know how to delete those registry as what agabus suggested but just really wan' to solve my problem, i found the solution on how you can find this registry.. just try these steps..

1.  using vista as your OS, go to your desktop.

2.  try to press F1 for help

3. type this in search box.. HOW TO OPEN REGISTRY KEY?

4. There will be 30 results, i guessed..

5. try to click the "back up the registry."

6. then click the "Open Registry Editor"

7. in this case, you will see all the folders, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

8. that it, hope this will help you..

Thursday, June 19, 2008 5:14 PM
  • Thanks the trick worked, now only if WMP support was this good . Great Work!

PS: To open/edit the registry click start, run and enter regedit.exe

Saturday, July 26, 2008 5:20 AM
  • WORKED!!!
    THANKS
    Agabus !!!
    Tuesday, July 29, 2008 10:08 PM
  •  

Simply go to the Start Menu and select Run

In the run dialogue box type in the following:

c:\windows\inf\unregmp2.exe /UpdateWMP

It worked for me..

Good Luck

Sunday, August 17, 2008 6:25 PM
  • can someone help

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 4:46 PM
  •  NYCANES wrote:

I BOUGHT A NEW TOSHIBA NOTEBOOK AND ALL SEEMED WELL FOR THE FIRST FEW HOURS. I EVEN WATCHED A FEW PERSONAL VIDEOS THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN I STARTED TO GET THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE "WMPLOC.DLL HAS A VERSION NUMBER 11.0.6000.6336 WHERE 11.0.6000.6324 WAS EXPECTED" I TRIED UPDATES AND I STILL CAN'T SEE MY VIDEOS.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 4:47 PM
  •  misskitty24 wrote:

hi . can you help me with the same problem, what do i need to do to fix my wmp 11?? but my problem says thatwmploc.dll has a version number  11.0.6000.6336 where  11.0.6000.6324 was expected.. please help!!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 5:03 PM
  • Thanks Agabus, took awhile to find your post, but it worked great

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 9:01 PM
  • I just deleted the Installed Versions subkey and everything is good...

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 3:50 PM
  • thanks its realy works now
    :D
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 4:13 AM
  • I was really pulling my hair out over this, thank you so much, finally I can listen to music !!!
    Friday, September 25, 2009 10:41 PM
  • Hey Agabus. I did what you said to do. But when i start my Media Player, it dont works correctly. You can see a photo of that erro. Just enter here>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/46538889@N02/4272970462/
    Can someone help me?
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 12:11 AM
  • YOU ARE SOOOO AWESOME! I have been looking for this solution for WEEKS! I even looked on the Microsoft website with no solution! Thank you so much!
    Monday, November 22, 2010 4:51 PM
  • I have an HP HDX 18  laptop 64 bit running VISTA.  My problem is similar to the above FOLLOWING MESSAGE "WMPLOC.DLL HAS A VERSION NUMBER 11.0.6002.1830 WHERE 11.0.6002.18111 WAS EXPECTED".  By using the "preview" option I can open & run the video.  But there are instances it works OK.  I am not a geek so if I have to remove something from the registry please be very specific as to what I have to do.  Or do I just use a 3rd party software & hope for the best? Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 4:45 AM
    1. Open cmd.exe as an administrator by selecting Start/All Programs/Accessories. 
    2. Right click on Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.
    3. Type in
      unregmp2.exe /UpdateWMPVersion
    4. Press enter.
    Does this help?
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 9:41 PM
  • Man. Ty very much. It's my troble for a long time, But I never had things about this.....  xD

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 12:08 PM
  • Andre & Agabus ROCK!!!!!!

I deleted the specified registry keys and typed unregmp2.exe/updatewmpversion into the command prompt.  Voila!  

[My error message was: The file wmploc.dll has a version number of 11.0.6002.18311 where 11.0.6001.7008 was expected.  GONE!!]

~Jenni

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 5:08 PM