none
Win32k_callout_watchdog_livedump BSOD or not BSOD? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.
    My question is. I get crash in game when i click exit to desktop. Black screen for 1 minute,nothing responding. Then desktop appeared ,screen appeared and after 1 minute pc just reset itself.
    I open eventog and there was only about KERNEL-POWER 41,but not bugcheck. So it was bsod or not?
    But i have found in windows/livekernelreports/ watchdogPOwin32k.dmp ,screens:

So is this possible for BSOD without bugcheck in event log then? Reboot was 20:22:00. That file watchdogPOwin32k.dmp in livekernelreports was generated 20:18:00. Like i stated reboot was with KERNEL POWER 41 in event log. No bugcheck in eventlog. Only that file which i stated.

My pc:

Monitor:AORUS AD27QD
    Cpu: i7-9900K stock 4.7 with Noctua NH-D15
    Gpu: Rtx 2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme Waterforce ( stock no oc,temps max 63C on load )
    Ram: 32gb 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000MHZ XMP
    Psu: Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 850W
    Monitor: AORUS AD27QD
    SSD: Crucial 1TB
    HDD: WB BLUE 1 TB
    Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P

Monday, January 6, 2020 12:19 PM

All replies

• when you create a new thread: at least link to the old one.
    you already posted here:
    Win32k_callout_watchdog_livedump BSOD or not BSOD?

Monday, January 6, 2020 7:03 PM
  • Hi, 

As the official article Windows Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows says, your issue is an unexpected shut down issue. BSOD issue means a blue screen error (also called a stop error) which a problem causes your device to shut down or restart unexpectedly. On this point, they are similar, but for BSOD issue, you might see a blue screen with a message that your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. But I noticed your description is related with a black screen. 

For troubleshooting this issue, please check if you have installed any antivirus software. If yes, try to uninstall them to check again. 

Try to update your existing hardware driver such as  BIOS driver, graphic driver, network driver, audio driver and others from device manufacturer website to check again. 

Bests, 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 6:49 AM

• After reboot i open event log and see only KERNEL-POWER 41 log. No bugcheck. So it was something like power cut,because i dont saw a bugcheck code.

C:/Windows/MEMORY.dmp not exist. C:/Windows/minidump folder not exist

But i found this in windows/livekernelreports/PoW32kwatchdog.dmp <======== ( 1,8GB )

It was related to that file?

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 4:41 PM
  • Hi,

Livekernelreports is also another dump file which used to troubleshooting system issue and could be analysis through windbg tool.

As TechNet forum will not provide any dump analysis, we recommend to analysis with windbg tool by taking the link below as a reference.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/debugger-download-tools

Or we could use driver verifier to check if it was caused by a specific driver. 

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 9, 2020 9:17 AM
  • Hi,

If any reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer.

Bests,

Monday, February 10, 2020 4:34 PM