none
How to sync two different exchange server Global address book RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

There are two site of offices with two different domains and two different exchange server 2010&2016. Domain A clients want to get the list of Global address list (GAL) of domain B, and also they want to get the Global Address Book of Domain B. Domain B clients want these functions also. How to sync two different exchange server Global address book.

What do you guys recommend to get this done?

Environment:
    Site1- Windows Server 2008r2 & Exchange 2010 ---Old Environment
    Site2- Windows Server 2012r2 & Exchange 2016. ----New Environment

Borth or now running.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 7:39 AM

Answers

• Hi,

From your description, I suppose that there're two separate organization(Forest) and want to sync GAL between each other.
    If so, you can use MIM 2016(it replace Forefront Identity Manager 2010, and it support Exchange 2010 SP3, Exchange 2016) as above mentioned to sync GAL.

Before installing MIM to sync, we need prepare DNS resolution and build two-way trust between forest.
    Also, we can configure availability service to view Free/Busy information, then prepare migrate Exchange from old Exchange environment to new one.

Here's a other thread as you asked, please check the solution as I provided.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 1:45 PM

All replies

• Use FIM / MIM2016 for galsync
    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 7:55 AM
  • Hi,

From your description, I suppose that there're two separate organization(Forest) and want to sync GAL between each other.
    If so, you can use MIM 2016(it replace Forefront Identity Manager 2010, and it support Exchange 2010 SP3, Exchange 2016) as above mentioned to sync GAL.

Before installing MIM to sync, we need prepare DNS resolution and build two-way trust between forest.
    Also, we can configure availability service to view Free/Busy information, then prepare migrate Exchange from old Exchange environment to new one.

Here's a other thread as you asked, please check the solution as I provided.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 1:45 PM