none
Prune DPMDB RRS feed

• Question

• One of my DPM 2007 SP1 servers (with latest roll-up) doesn't seem to be pruning completed jobs as it should and the database has grown quite large. The SQL job history shows the job is running successfully, and I tried running it manually per this thread but that didn't help:

http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.dataprotectionmanager/DPM-Database-Size

My tbl_TE_TaskTrail table is about 11GB with jobs dating back to Sept 2009. Can I manually delete all records older than 1 month, or are there dependencies I should be deleting as well?

Btw, the tbl_JM_JobTrail table is the 2nd largest using 2.6GB of space. Can that table be pruned as well?

Jeff Graves, ORCS Web, Inc.
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 4:31 PM

Answers

• I manually ran the prc_TE_GarbageCollect sproc in 1 week increments (had to do this because the transaction log was getting too large). I then ran the prc_TE_GarbageCollect sproc. Got it down to about 3.5GB now.
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 5:11 PM

All replies

• I manually ran the prc_TE_GarbageCollect sproc in 1 week increments (had to do this because the transaction log was getting too large). I then ran the prc_TE_GarbageCollect sproc. Got it down to about 3.5GB now.
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 5:11 PM
  • Thanks a lot.

I had the same problem (DPM 2007 DB size was 16 GB). I manually ran the prc_TE_GarbageCollect sproc in 1 month increments and freed 70 % of DB space.

Aleksandrs

Friday, February 4, 2011 1:31 PM