Outlook 2007 SP2 Crashes under Win7-64bit opening attachments in subdirectories. RRS feed

• Question

• If I access an archived email stored in a subdirectory that has an attachment (and sometimes, just an email) Outlook crashes under Windows 7 x64.  There is no error code given.  I get a message saying "Outlook has stopped working.  Looking for a solution".  I've removed and re-installed Office Ultimate 2007.  I've removed all Outlook add-ins.  I've checked the .pst file for corruption and none are reported.  I haven't looked at the App Log.  (I"m booted under XP now.)  It happens only with emails which are filed in personal folder subdirectories.

On the same computer, if I boot up in XP 32-bit, I can open the same PST file using the XP installation of Office 2007.  I can access all the emails and attachments with no crashes.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 4:19 PM

Answers

• This may be caused by your security software. Temporarily disable protection and try to open an archived email.

Check Event Viewer-Click Start>type Event in the search box, select Event Viewer from the results, let it gather data, then expand the critical and errors categories. That may provide a clue.

Also, Office Help, search "open archived email"

It may be better to post in the Office Community forum as the issue is an Outlook 2007 issue.

• Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, September 24, 2010 4:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, September 30, 2010 7:25 AM
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:17 AM