UPS Jobs Stuck at Pausing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am facing a problem with my Farm UPS. There are two UPS services running in the farm. my Farm consists of two App server and two WFEs and 2 Search Server and 1 OWA server. In App1 we have created two UPS services and in App2 we have created 1 UPS service. the Service created in APP2 is not in use but there is a timer job related to that Service running in the farm level.

In App1 there are two UPS services running. one of them is functional and the other one is not functional. I want to know how to find which one of my UPS is running and which one is not functional. also I would like to know can I delete the non functional UPS from APP1 and APP2 server. will the deletion cause any problem to the farm?

Also when I am checking the running times jobs of the farm I see the below timer job running in pausing mode for a long time (almost 10 days)

User Profile Service Application - Activity Feed Cleanup Job
    UPS - Activity Feed Cleanup Job
    User Profile Service Application - Activity Feed Job
    UPS - Activity Feed Job
    User Profile Service Application - User Profile Language Synchronization Job
    UPS - Social Data Maintenance Job
    User Profile Service Application - Social Data Maintenance Job
    UPS - User Profile Language Synchronization Job
    UPS - User Profile Incremental Synchronization

and the below timer job are running in "Running" State for more than 10 days.

Crawl Log Cleanup for Search Application Search Service Application.
    Rebalance crawl store partitions for Search Service Application

Can anybody please help me?

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 5:44 AM

All replies