none
copying user profile in deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to do following things  

Is there a way to create task sequence  for creating  userprofile (shorcut , languages  some files in documents folder etc . white list  in internet explorer ,firefox and chrome )

Thanks 

Friday, September 15, 2017 8:17 PM

All replies

• Depends on what you are looking for - you need to be a bit more specific, because different tasks call for different solutions. :) 

In the broadest of terms: my usual approach is to modify default user's profile (registry) and using active setup / run once logon script to perform configuration tasks as user logs on for the first time. While I understand that it is possible to use copy profile function, using PowerShell / registry modifications allow for faster iteration and easier troubleshooting.

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Friday, September 15, 2017 8:36 PM
  • Hi,

What I am looking for , 

1 ) desktop appearance ( in desktop I want to add all application shortcut ) 

2 ) Languages 

3 ) Internet explorer  under popup block , want to exclude some sites 

Thanks

Saturday, September 16, 2017 7:13 AM
  • For shortcuts you could probably just copy lnk files to C:\Users\Public\Desktop (or create them via PowerShell on user's desktop as they log on because #PowerShellIsKing :) )

Not sure what you mean by languages and as far as IE 11 goes I would just use GPO: https://sdmsoftware.com/group-policy-blog/general-stuff/using-group-policy-to-manage-the-internet-explorer-popup-blocker-allow-list/

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Saturday, September 16, 2017 10:09 AM