none
Windows 2012 Remote Desktop Services ""Your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the Remote Desktop Gateway server is temporarily unavailable" RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windows Server 2012 installed. All the roles are installed on one server. I am able to logon into the site. Once I launch a program the message ""Your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the Remote Desktop Gateway server is temporarily unavailable"  Please help.
    Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Make sure that your client is able to reach the RD Gateway server using the DNS name you have specified;

1. To check the DNS name of the RD Gateway you specified, open the Server Manager, Remote Desktop Services console and click Collections -> All Tasks -> Deployment Properties -> RD gateway tab. The name specified in there is used when connecting. Typicially this is a publicly resolveable DNS name.

2. Make sure the client can resolve the DNS name in it's ip address, i.e. by using the command "nslookup <dns-name>"

3. Make sure the client is able to access the RD Gateway on port 443, using the DNS name you specified, i.e. by using the command "telnet <dns-name> 443"

Kind regards,
    Freek Berson
    The Microsoft Platform
    Twitter
    Linked-in
    Wortell company website

Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Make sure that your client is able to reach the RD Gateway server using the DNS name you have specified;

1. To check the DNS name of the RD Gateway you specified, open the Server Manager, Remote Desktop Services console and click Collections -> All Tasks -> Deployment Properties -> RD gateway tab. The name specified in there is used when connecting. Typicially this is a publicly resolveable DNS name.

2. Make sure the client can resolve the DNS name in it's ip address, i.e. by using the command "nslookup <dns-name>"

3. Make sure the client is able to access the RD Gateway on port 443, using the DNS name you specified, i.e. by using the command "telnet <dns-name> 443"

Kind regards,
    Freek Berson
    The Microsoft Platform
    Twitter
    Linked-in
    Wortell company website

Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:56 AM
  • Hi,

I would like to check if there is any update.

Thanks.

Best Regards
    Jeremy Wu

Monday, August 26, 2013 2:23 AM
  • For me it was cloudflare sitting between me and the RDS gateway and messing with the SSL tunnel. Check the SSL cert on your RDWeb portal and make sure it's what you think it should be
    Thursday, January 25, 2018 3:18 AM